Last updated 18 August 2020
MBSE BBS: Known Issues
These are the currently known issues with MBSE BBS:
- Reading of function keys in
mbsebbs doesn't work always well especially on slow links and over PPP. This is not a MBSE BBS problem.
- Problems with D'Bridge [1a] mailers.
- If you have regular sessions with a node wich only supports FTS-0001 sessions and you use a session password, you must set a common mail password. This is a side effect of the way FTS-0001 handshake works by sending a small mail packet which contains the password.
- Some Linux distributions have their glibc libraries compiled wrong that will cause the
mbtask program to do nothing. This problem seems to have gone away with more modern systems.
- You cannot share the JAM message bases between little-endian and big-endian machines using networked filesystems because the storage format doesn't specify the internal byte order for different CPUs. This is caused by an error in the JAM spec.